Scott Caple was born and raised in Ontario, Canada and has been pursuing the graphic arts for the last 30 plus years.
Studied Illustration and Classical Animation at Sheridan College back before digital everything and has worked mostly in the commercial animation industry, on features and television projects both good and bad…
His first professional job was as a layout artist on Rock’n’Rule, the first animation feature film produced in Canada, by Nelvana Animation Limited. Also storyboard on other Nelvana projects such as: Inspector Gadget, Ewoks and Droids, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs.
For Lucasfilm, effects animation on Raiders of the Lost Ark, Dragonslayer, Poltergeist, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan and E.T. The Extraterrestial.
For Don Bluth Productions, Story art, layout art and supervision on All Dogs Go To Heaven, Rock A Doodle, Thumbelina, A Troll in Central Park, The Pebble and the Penguin.
For Walt Disney Productions, Concept Art, Production Design, Layout on Atlantis: The Lost Continent, Mulan, The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Tarzan and Fantasia 2000.
For Pixar Animation Studios, Concept Art, Environment Designer and Sets Art Director for The Incredibles.
For THQ / Heavy Iron Studios, Environment design for video games: (The Incredibles, Ratatouille, Wall-E, Up)
Work for other studios includes : Blue Sky (Horton Hears A Who), Aardman Animation (Arthur Christmas).
He has taught art and design for animation at Sheridan College in Canada, Associates In Art in Los Angeles, and at Nanyang Polytechnic in Singapore.
Shows : Pixar: 20 Years of Animation, MOMA, New York and other venues.
Other pursuits include calligraphy, painting, drawing, modelmaking, a strong love of history and many things that require a lifetime to even begin to learn – sailing, fencing, arms and armour, movies, not to mention all these new things being served up by our digital age. Ars longa, vita brevis, or what?
Some of Scott’s work will be on display at our Art Show. In addition, Scott will be participating in the following items:
- Friday 7 pm Ellsemere West – Appearance at Opening Ceremonies
- Friday 8 pm ConSuite – Meet and Greet with Guests of Honour
- Saturday 11 am Ellsemere West – GoH Hour: Scott Caple
- Saturday noon Other: Beaufort West (Art Show) – Introduction to Convention Art Shows
- Saturday 4 30 pm Berczy B – Mass Autograph Session (to 6 pm)
- Saturday 7 pm Beaufort East – Tolkien Renaissance
- Sunday 11 am Ellsemere East – The Force is With Mickey
- Sunday 12 pm Berczy A – Creating Storyboards For Film
- Sunday 2 pm Ellsemere West – That Is Not Real… But it Looked Cool!